Thursday 16 October 2014

RUNNING - How I lost the weight.

For me, I didn't want to feel like I was on a diet, I wanted to slightly change my lifestyle so I would gradually lose the pounds without always feeling like I was going without. So when I started off 2014 looking down at the scales that were flashing 15:7 back at me as if they were shouting "I've told you how much you weigh now get off me fatty!" I came up with the rules that would see the weight slowly slide off.

1: Where possible, move more. This one is tiny little things like using the stairs rather than a lift or walking to the corner shop rather than driving.

2: Eat what you want, when you want but only if you are hungry. This is my downfall, (and, I suspect, the downfall of most bigger people) its very easy to eat something through boredom or because its nice or even just because its there. I was always guilty of going back for seconds just because dinner was so nice even though I'd had enough.


Me in 2010

Sticking to these rules saw the weight start to slide off and I didn't even feel like I was dieting, just that I had slightly changed my eating habits and before I knew it eating that way was second nature. For example if we went to the chippy I would get a large cod and chips PLUS a pie or a large battered sausage and quite happily chomp the lot, not though a small cod and chips is more than enough. The dog is happy too, he gets all the leftover chips!
Me in December 2013 and in September 2014


Even though this diet saw the weight drop off it wasn't until I got in to running that the numbers on the scales really got smaller, more on that next time though.

See you then. :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment