Wednesday 5 November 2014

RUNNING - Registered and raring to go

So now I'm a tad nervous. Yesterday the MS society finally sent through my confirmation email, all I needed to do was pay the £50 registration fee and I'm set. 
I filled in the forms (next of kin bit is a worry) and paid the money while planning where I would run that night. I worked out I had time to do about 7.5 k (4.5 miles ish) while the dinner was in the oven. Eager to go I packed up my bags and left work only to be faced with rain. 
I thought about going out as I sat in traffic, the wipers doing their best to keep the screen clear and I'd decided I would but as soon as I got out of the car I got a giant freezing cold raindrop right down the back of my neck. 

I stayed in. 

That's tine though, I have a long time to train yet but all of the training happens over winter and if one dribble of cold and wet down the back keeps me from going out then this marathon really might not go well.


www.justgiving.com/philippowellmarthon

No comments:

Post a Comment